Minimum requirements for mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android)
Having the right specifications will allow you to have a seamless experience on ClassDo! All mobile devices are supported as long as they can meet the technical requirements below.
In this article:
Operating system (OS)For live virtual collaboration on mobile devices, the following OS are supported: Android 8 and above, iOS and iPad OS 14.0 and above (for iPhones and iPads respectively).
Web browser Use:
- Chrome (version 65 and above) - for Android mobile devices
- Microsoft Edge (version 45 and above) - for Android mobile devices
- Mobile Safart iOS and iPad OS (version 14.0 and above) - for iPad and iPhone [DO NOT use the Chrome app in iTunes store]
Internet connection You will need a strong and stable internet connection to support high-quality video and audio.
Update or upgrade your OS ( iOS) to the latest version before you start virtual collaboration.
If you do not have Chrome, download Chrome for free. Using other browsers not mentioned above may not support some or all of ClassDo's functions.
We also highly recommend that you set your browser on automatic update so that it will automatically be updated when a new version is available. You can also update them manually: read how you can update Chrome. To keep Safari up to date, update iOS on your iPad/iPhone.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) may be required in regions where Chrome is unavailable.
We strongly recommend that you run a speed test on your device's web browser before each online collaboration, especially if you are in a new environment or if you are connecting to public WIFI. Minimum speeds for a smooth virtual collaboration experience are:
- Ping: <15 ms. The smaller the number, the better.
- Upload speed: >30 mbps. The bigger the number, the better.
- Download speed: >30 mbps. The bigger the number, the better.
If your internet speed is often slower than the recommended above, try these methods to improve internet connection.
Ensure that you have
- allowed access to the camera on your device.
- given permission for ClassDo to access your camera on your browser and, if you have more than one web camera, that the correct camera is selected on your browser's settings.
Using your device's built-in microphone and speaker is not recommended as it will pick up background noise and cause the voices of your room members to echo. Also ensure that you have given permission for ClassDo to access your microphone, and the correct sound input device is selected on your browser's settings.
Mobile phone for visualiser
- Android mobile phone - download a QR code scanner from Google Play Store. Scan the visualiser QR code and open up the link in Chrome, or copy and paste the link onto Chrome. Alternatively, open up the link in Microsoft Edge. Do not use the phone's proprietary browser if there is one.
- iPhone - use the phone camera to scan the QR code. After scanning, open up the link on Safari browser. DO NOT use a third-party QR code scanner app with iPhone.