Minimum requirements for mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android)
Having the right specifications will allow you to have a seamless experience on ClassDo!
In this article:
Device type ClassDo is a web-based virtual room platform that works on all devices - desktop, laptop, tablet, iPAD, Chromebooks, as well as mobile phones.
Operating system (OS)For live virtual collaboration on mobile devices: Android 8 and above, iOS 12.1 and above
Web browser Use:
- Chrome (version 65 and above) - for Android mobile devices
- Mobile (version 12.1 and above) - for iPad and iPhone [DO NOT use the Chrome app in iTunes store]
Internet connection You will need a strong and stable internet connection to support high-quality video and audio.
- Ping: <15 ms. The smaller the number, the better.
- Upload speed: >30 mbps. The bigger the number, the better.
- Download speed: >30 mbps. The bigger the number, the better.
Web camera Built-in or external, either is fine.
Microphone Headset with microphone (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
Mobile phone for visualiser
- Android mobile phone - download a QR code scanner from Google Playstore. After scanning, open up the link in Chrome browser or copy and paste the link onto Chrome browser. Do not use the phone's proprietary browser if there is one.
- iPhone - use the phone camera to scan the QR code. After scanning, open up the link on Safari browser. DO NOT use a third-party QR code scanner app with iPhone.
Stylus (Optional) Users who do not have touchscreen computers or touchscreen tablets, or who need to do detailed or fine writing/drawing in their collaboration work, may wish to purchase an option stylus pen for writing and drawing, such as WACOM stylus or Apple Pencil.
Update or upgrade your OS ( iOS) to the latest version before you start virtual collaboration.
If you do not have Chrome, download Chrome for free.
DO NOT use Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Explorer.
We also highly recommend that you set your browser on automatic update so that it will automatically be updated when a new version is available.
Read how you can update Chrome. To keep Safari up to date, update iOS on your iPad/iPhone.
Note: If you are trying to access ClassDo on Google Chrome from China, you may need to install VPN first on your device in order to be able to access Chrome.
We strongly recommend that you run a speed test on your device's web browser before each online collaboration, especially if you are in a new environment or if you are connecting to public WIFI. Minimum speeds for a smooth virtual collaboration experience are:
If your internet speed is often slower than the recommended above, you should move closer to your router or look into enhancing the coverage of your router.
Ensure that you have allowed access to the camera on your device. Also, make sure that you have given permission for ClassDo to access your camera on Chrome and, if you have more than one web camera, that the correct camera is selected on Chrome Settings.
It is best to use a headset with microphone for the best audio quality and to avoid background noise and acoustic feedback. If you use your device's built-in microphone, it will pick up all background noise when you are in a noisy environment, as well as cause the voices of your room members to echo if you turn the speaker volume too loudly.
Also, ensure that you have given permission for ClassDo to access your microphone on Chrome, and the correct sound input device is selected on Chrome Settings.