What Organisations and Rooms are in ClassDo
Gain a better understanding of what ClassDo's organisations and rooms are in order to use them to their fullest potential! Frequently-asked questions about organisations and rooms are also addressed here.
In this article:
In ClassDo, an organisation is a group of people whom you work with, such as from your school, tuition centre, or company. Within your organisation, you can set up as many rooms as you need for your different classes or teams.
Like an office building housing a company, organisations have:
- bills paid by the building owner: billing for the entire organisation is managed by the organisation owner
- a signboard: organisation owners and admins can control the branding of the organisation
- job titles and responsibilities for each employee: users have assigned roles which stay the same throughout the entire organisation, with specific permissions and rights
- a list of all employees at the company: when inviting members to rooms, you can see a list of current organisation members for quicker and easier invitations
- and of course, meeting rooms where you can communicate and collaborate!
Frequently-asked Questions About Organisations
How many organisations can I create?
You can create as many organisations as you like. (Similarly, you can be a member of as many organisations as you need).
How many people can I invite into an organisation?
There is also no limit to the number of organisation members that an organisation can have.
In ClassDo, rooms are permanent online rooms where you can invite others to collaborate with you. Just like a physical room, you can store documents in it, and it will remain as-is even after you leave (unless you delete it). Rooms have:
- a locked door: rooms are locked so that general room members cannot enter the room to start live collaboration (which incurs charges) without an admin present
- external storage library: without entering live collaboration, you can still access the documents stored in it at any time, without any costs.
- a sign: give a name and description to your room for easier management.
Frequently-asked Questions About Rooms
How many rooms can I create?
As an organisation owner or admin, you can create as many room as you need to. Furthermore, pricing and charges are based on the amount of time spent using certain features in rooms, not the overall number of rooms, so you do not need to worry about the number of rooms created. Simply create rooms based on your current needs and ease of management.
How many people can I invite into a room?
There is also no limit to the number of people that you can invite into a virtual room. However, ClassDo is built for effective online collaboration that involves multi-way interaction and engagement among room members, and this is most optimal in 1-1, small- and medium-sized group settings. If you are planning to invite more than 40 or 50 people to a room, it may limit the level of interaction and engagement (and hence the effectiveness of the collaboration) in such a large group.
How many rooms can I join?
There is no limit to how many rooms you can be invited to, and join.
Can people see all the rooms in the organisation?
No. Organisation members can only see the rooms they have been invited to.
Can members have a different role in different rooms?
No. A member's role in an organisation is fixed regardless which room in the organisation he enters. For example, if you have assigned a member the student role when you first sent him the room invite, he cannot have a student role in Room A, but a tutor role in Room B. He will be a student in all the rooms he is invited to within your organisation.
If you are having difficulty allocating one of the default roles to a member, try creating a new role.