Get to Know Different Rights of Roles
You can edit the rights of different roles to customise the permissions that members have in your organisation. Giving roles certain rights affects what they can see or do. To help you with allocating the correct rights to a role, this article explain what you can do with each right, with links to their respective detailed step-by-step instruction guides.
In an Organisation
- Edit the organisation - Change organisation name and logo, and edit the approval requirements for users joining with room key.
- Delete the organisation - Delete the entire organisation, including all rooms and members.
- Remove a member from the organisation - Remove a current organisation member from the organisation.
- See organisation members - Access the edit organisation members page to see the full list of organisation members and edit their roles.
- Manage organisation member roles - Edit roles in the organisation.
- Show billing / top-up balance - See the organisation billing page, including room usage history, account balance, payment history and payment method.
- Create a room - Create a new room in the organisation.
- Edit a room name and status - Change room name and room description.
- Delete a room - Delete a room, including all content and members.
- Invite someone into a room via mobile number / email address - Invite new members (that are not already in the organisation) into a room. Having this permission means you can see the Waiting to Join list and the contact details of invitees under the Waiting to Join list.
- Invite an organisation member into a room - Invite existing organisation members (who have been invited to a room in the organisation before) into a room. You cannot see any contact details, only organisation members' names.
- View other organisation members' contact info - See the mobile number/ email address of organisation members at certain pages. Only roles with this permission can see this information.
- Remove a room member - Remove a member from a room.
- Show Room Keys - Access the Share Room Keys page to view existing room keys. The Share Room Keys button can only be seen by roles with this permission.
- Create Room Keys - Create new room keys. Note that you must also have the permission to Show Room Keys in order to access the page to create room keys.
- Edit Room Keys - Manage and edit room keys
- Delete Room Keys - Delete existing room keys
- Regenerate Room Key words - Regenerate the current room key words and link of room keys
- Admit/ Reject Room Key requests - View and admit or reject pending requests to join the room through a room key.
In a Virtual Room
- Activate live collaboration (videochat) - Enter the room under Work with Others by yourself. Those who do not have this right cannot enter or stay in the room under Work with Others without someone with the right already in the room. They will enter a waiting page instead.
- Toggle other room members' mic - Mute and unmute other room members.
- Toggle other room members' camera - Switch off or on other room members' video streams.
- Change sync mode / be a presenter in presentation mode - Allows you to change room modes through room settings, and continue to have control over the room in presentation mode.
- Delete any content / sketchpad / typepad / poll - Delete any content in the room, even if you are not the original uploader/ creator. Those who do not have this right can only delete content that they themselves have uploaded/ created.
- Start a recording - Start and stop recording.
- Download recordings - Download recordings from the Show Recorded Videos panel.
- Delete recordings - Delete recordings completely and permanently from the room, either from the content page or from the Show Recorded Videos panel.
- Grant permission to download content - Allow the original uploaded copy of a content file to be downloaded.