Get to Know Different Rights of Roles
You can edit the rights of different roles to customise the permissions that members have in your organisation. Giving roles certain rights affects what they can see or do. To help you with allocating the correct rights to a role, this article explain what you can do with each right, with links to their respective detailed step-by-step instruction guides.
In an Organisation
- Edit the organisation - Change organisation name and logo, and edit the approval requirements for users joining with room key.
You must have this permission in order to see and access the organisation settings menu.
- Delete the organisation - Delete the entire organisation, including all rooms and members.
- Remove a member from the organisation - Remove a current organisation member from the organisation.
- Suspend/Reactivate a member from the organisation - Toggle members' suspensions from the organisation.
- See organisation members - Access the edit organisation members page to see the full list of organisation members and edit their roles.
- Manage organisation member roles - Edit roles in the organisation.
- Show billing / top-up balance - See the organisation billing page, including room usage history, account balance, payment history and payment method.
- Create a room - Create a new room in the organisation.
- Edit a room name and status - Change room name and room description.
- Delete a room - Delete a room, including all content and members.
- Invite someone into a room via email address - Invite new members (that are not already in the organisation) into a room. Having this permission means you can see the Waiting to Join list and the contact details of invitees under the Waiting to Join list.
- Invite an organisation member into a room - Invite existing organisation members (who have been invited to a room in the organisation before) into a room. You cannot see any contact details, only organisation members' names.
- View other organisation members' contact info - See the contact details of organisation members at certain pages. Only roles with this permission can see this information.
- Remove a room member - Remove a member from a room.
- Show Room Keys - Access the Share Room Keys page to view existing room keys. The Share Room Keys button can only be seen by roles with this permission.
- Create a new Room Key - Create new room keys. Note that you must also have the permission to Show Room Keys in order to access the page to create room keys.
- Edit Room Keys - Manage and edit room keys
- Delete Room Keys - Delete existing room keys
- Regenerate Room Key words - Regenerate the current room key words and link of room keys
- Admit/ Reject Room Key requests - View and admit or reject pending requests to join the room through a room key.
- Create a new tag - Create and add tags to library contents
- Manage permission to access content - Allow Others to Edit Content
In a Virtual Room
- Activate live collaboration (videochat) - Enter the room under Work with Others by yourself. Those who do not have this right cannot enter or stay in the room under Work with Others without someone with the right already in the room. They will enter a waiting page instead.
- Toggle other room members' mic - Mute and unmute other room members.
- Toggle other room members' camera - Switch off or on other room members' video streams.
- Switch content/page/view to desk or group, change sync mode - Allows you to enable or disable sync mode in the room, and continue to have control over the room when Sync mode is enabled.
- Open/close videochat view - Allows the user to open/close videochat view
- Start screen share without host approval - Start screen sharing without needing your request to be first approved by the room host
- Create a new tab, switch tab - Open a new tab to call out content from the Room Library or switch to another tab
- Rename, create/upload any content in the main room without host approval (does not apply to desks and groups) - This allows the member to edit any content inside the main room group's folder
- Delete tabs - Close any tab to return content to the Room Library
- Delete any content / sketchpad / typepad / poll / recording - Delete any content in the room, even if you are not the original uploader/ creator. Those who do not have this right can only delete content that they themselves have uploaded/ created.
- Start a recording - Start and stop recording.
- Download recordings - Download recordings from the Show Recorded Videos panel.
- Grant permission to download content - Allow the original uploaded copy of a content file to be downloaded.
- Manage groups - Create, archive and delete groups.
- Move between groups (oneself) - Move yourself from one group to another. You cannot move other members, however.
- Move between groups (other members) - Move other members in the room from one group to another.
- Send announcement via chat - Allows the member to send notifying messages in chat that shows up as a notification in the virtual room
- Switch desk - Allows the member to switch to another desk
- Manage quick polls - Allows the member to create and manage quick polls
- Post messages on room chat - Send messages to the room chat, which can be seen by all members in the room
- Manage chat permission - Allows you to change direct message permissions for the role. Note that you would need permission to manage member roles as well.
- Direct message - Select which types of members that you can start a direct message (DM) chat with. For example, selecting "Everyone" allows you to send DMs to any member in the room, regardless of what role they have.