As an educator, you can invite any learner for private discussion or personalised coaching 1-on-1 anytime you wish during a group class, without distracting other learners. You may start the 1-on-1 easily via your learner’s video thumbnail or the Class Management board.
Only roles with the permission to start live sessions (e.g., educators, administrators, etc.) can initiate the 1-on-1 discussion. Learners cannot initiate 1-on-1 discussion with the educator nor other learners in class.
During the 1-on-1, you and your 1-on-1 learner:
- cannot hear others in the main session
- can still see others’ live video thumbnails
- will be automatically unmuted if you had muted your mic in the main session previously
- will retain your camera ON or OFF state from the main session in the 1-on-1
- can both turn on/off your camera and mic using the toggle buttons on the top of the right side bar, as usual
Other members in the main session:
- will not be able to hear your 1-on-1
- will not be able to see your video and your 1-on-1 learner’s video
Start 1-on-1 Discussion
End 1-on-1 discussion